This BEST ever Sour Cream Banana Bread recipe is delicious enough to put on your Banana Bread Giving List, but to also enjoy a loaf yourself. It’s truly the best ever recipe, so moist and delicious.
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour one 9-inch loaf pan (or 3 small ones). Pan should be 3/4 full of batter.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; combine with the butter mixture.
- Add the sour cream, bananas, and vanilla; stir well.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then turn the loaf out onto a rack.