Gluten Free Cherry Coconut Oatmeal Cookies. Sweetened with low glycemic coconut palm sugar, these are a healthy option for cookie lovers!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla OR almond extract
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour, certified gluten-free, if necessary**
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats, certified gluten-free, if necessary
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixture until fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine oat flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and coconut.
- And to creamed mixture and beat just until combined. Stir in chopped dried cherries.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let sit on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.