Healthy Recipes - Easy garden veggie soup that's ready in only 30 minutes and loaded with vegetables! This quick and healthy soup will be one of your new family favorites!
- 1 cup dry barley
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1- quart vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 8 oz frozen spinach (or fresh spinach)
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies (corn, peas, green beans)
- 10 oz frozen red peppers (or 1 large red bell peppers, diced)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the barley according to the package instructions, drain, and set aside.
- In a 5-quart dutch oven pot, saute the onions in olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add carrots, garlic, Italian seasonings, and sweet potato. Saute for 4-5 minutes until the veggies start to soften. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Get full recipe==>>staceyhomemaker.com