No Boil Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes. Velvety rich mashed potatoes cooked in the slow cooker. This easy dish requires no boiling, just simply chop & season and let the slow cooker do the rest! The result is smooth and flavorful potatoes which are the perfect side to any turkey dinner.
- 5 lbs potatoes red, yellow or white
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes and cut into chunks.
- Place potatoes, broth, garlic powder and onion powder into a 4QT slow cooker.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-7 hours, stirring every hour or so or until tender.
- Using a hand masher, mash potatoes until smooth. Stir in butter, sour cream, parsley and cream cheese if using. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve or keep on warm until serving.