Healthy Recipes - This hearty and rich Italian meatball soup is made easily in the slow cooker. With only 4 WW smart points, it’s a delicious dinner or lunch idea!
- 3 medium carrots , sliced
- 2 ribs celery , sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion , diced
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 oz frozen Italian meatballs (the fully cooked kind)
- 32 oz beef broth (reduced sodium)
- 2 cups water
- 5 oz dry red wine (like a cabernet sauvignon)
- 2 (15 oz each) cans diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 3/4 cup dry ditalini pasta
- 3-5 oz fresh baby spinach
- sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional and not included in point value)
- To a 6 quart or larger slow cooker, add carrots, celery, onion, Italian seasoning, black pepper, bay leaf, meatballs, broth, water, wine, and canned tomatoes.
- Stir to combine, cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours, until vegetables are tender and flavors are combined.
- Get full recipe==>>thechunkychef.com