This is A quick, simple and healthy soup made with corn, potatoes, celery and red pepper.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 2 sticks of Celery, diced
- 1 medium Potato, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Soy/Almond/Oat Milk
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 teaspoon Celery Salt
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 4 ears of Corn, shucked
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- Chopped Green Onion, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Extra bits of Corn and Red Pepper, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Sautée Onion, Red Pepper and Celery for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add diced potato and mix well. Once mixed, add in flour and stir to coat veggies. Cook for a minute or 2 before adding your Non-Dairy Milk of choice and Vegetable Broth.
- Add Celery Salt, Smoked Paprika, and Dried Parsley into the pot. Stir well and then bring to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce to simmer, cover pan with a lid and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, or until potato bits are tender.
- Once potato is tender, add shucked Corn kernels and stir to combine. Let cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until corn is tender to your liking.
- Transfer 1/4-1/3 of the soup to a blender (depending on how thick you want the chowder) and blend till smooth. Pour back into the pot and stir well.
- Stir in Apple Cider Vinegar and taste for/adjust seasoning before serving. Top with chopped Green Onion, Cilantro and extra bits of Corn/Red Pepper.