This is the Healthy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup you’ll ever make, starts with a simple homemade chicken broth, and the option of making your own egg noodles!
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- 2 ribs celery , diced
- 3-4 large carrots diced
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 6 cups Homemade chicken broths (see recipe below), or substitute about 6 cups high-quality chicken broth
- 3-4 additional cups low-sodium chicken broth for soup (*see note below)
- 1 teaspoon salt , to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary ,or more, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 batch homemade egg noodles* , or 5 cups bite-size dry farfalle or egg noodles
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken , pulled from the chicken used to cook the homemade broth, recipe below
- Add butter, diced celery and carrots to a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Saute for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add reserved chicken broth (if you made the broth from the rotisserie chicken bones), or add store-bought chicken broth. Add an additional 3-4 cups of additional chicken broth. Season the broth with salt (definitely TASTE the broth before adding more salt), pepper, and a tiny pinch of rosemary, sage and crushed red pepper.
- Bring broth to a boil. Add noodles (either the uncooked homemade egg noodles, or dry store-bought pasta) and cook just until noodles are al dente. If using store-bought noodes, be cautious not to overcook them! Remove pot from heat as soon as they are just barely tender to bite. The noodles will continue to cook once you remove the pot from the heat, and you don’t want them mushy.
- Get full recipe==>>tastesbetterfromscratch.com