This Million Dollar Spaghetti is a DELICIOUS easy dinner idea! The noodles are layered with a cheesy center and topped with a yummy homemade meat sauce and cheese.
- 16 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 24 ounce jars marinara pasta sauce
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- fresh parsley leaves for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet cook and crumble the ground beef and Italian sausage and season with salt and pepper. Remove most of the grease.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add all but 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce (reserve 1/2 cup for the noodles) to the mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Cook Spaghetti according to package instructions, just until “al dente”.
- Place hot spaghetti in a large mixing bowl with butter and 1/2 cup marinara sauce and toss to combine. Pour HALF of the pasta into a 9x13’’ pan.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese in a bowl and mix well. Smooth over noodles in the pan.
- Top with remaining noodles. Add meat mixture on top and smooth into an even layer. Top with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Check it around 20 minutes and if the cheese is browning too quickly, place a piece of tinfoil over it.
- Wait about 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
- This is a great freezer meal! Tips for freezing this recipe are listed in the post above