This breakfast loaf is hearty, crispy on the top, soft on the inside and full of flavor. It’s perfect for breakfast but I’ve been enjoying it most as a 4 pm energy snack. I recommend toasting a slice and spreading coconut or vegan butter on top.
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup berries
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, stir together wet ingredients
- Add contents small bowl to large. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Fold in spinach, carrot, raisins and berries.
- Transfer batter to loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan and slicing.