This is a family style dish you can serve up in one big 'ol skillet!
- 3 C uncooked brown rice macaroni noodles
- 1 pkg gardein gluten-free beefless ground
- double batch of our vegan nacho cheese sauce
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 vine tomato, diced
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup pasta water (reserved from cooking pasta)
- ground pepper to taste
- While your noodles are cooking in a pot of boiling salted water heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and add sunflower oil and onions. Sauté for a couple of minutes until soft.
- Then add chili powder, cumin, and paprika and sauté for another minute. Then add the beefless ground to the pan and continue to stir frequently until it starts to brown and cook through. A couple minutes If the pan starts to get dry and the beefless ground is sticking at all just take a ladle full of the pasta water and add it into the pan. It helps kind of get things juicy with the spices as well.
- Once the pasta is cooked to al dente drain it and add it into the skillet and toss with the nacho cheese sauce as well as ground pepper. You may want to reserve a small amount of cheese sauce for reheating leftovers or to serve extra at the table.
- Top with green onion and diced tomato and serve immediately!