This gluten-free Apple Dapple Bundt Cake is a super moist cake that is loaded with fresh apples, crunchy pecans and covered in a buttery brown sugar glaze. With a dairy-free option.
- 1 cup butter dairy-free use Smart Balance of Earth Balance butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs , room temprature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten-free all purpose flour I like Pillsbury gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum , leave out if your flour already has it in it.
- 1 cup buttermilk dairy-free use cashew, almond or coconut milk. Make your own buttermilk by adding 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to the cup of milk and let stand 5-10 minutes.
- 3 cups apples , peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pecans , chopped
- 1/3 cup butter melted , dairy-free use Smart Balance of Earth Balance butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Spray bundt pan with gluten-free cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together with your mixer.
- Add the rest of the dry and wet cake ingredients to your bowl and mix until fully combined. The batter will be very thick.
- Peel and chop the apples into small pieces.
- Stir in the chopped apples and chopped pecans and fold into the cake batter with a spoon or spatula.
- Pour the batter into the greased bundt pan and bake for 70 minutes until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir continuously until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved. Do not bring to a boil.
- Poke holes all over the warm cake with a knife and pour the butter glaze evenly over the cake while still in the pan.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan and then invert the cake onto a serving plate. I sprinkled it with powdered sugar.